Through 25: Hammond’s Zemurray Park Christmas Lights
- Open nightly Dec. 5 – Dec. 25 from 6 – 9 pm
- Zemurray Park, 400 S. Oak Street, Hammond
- Cost: Free
- Drive through or take a walk through the “Children’s Playland” light display.
- The train will run for free on Friday, Dec. 19 from 6 – 9 pm; and Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 20 and 21 from 5 – 9 pm.
Dec. 18, 19, and 20: Christmas Down on the Farm at Liuzza Land
- Liuzza Land - 56188 Holden Circle in Amite
- Saturdays in Dec from 5 – 9 pm: Dec. 6, 13, 18, 19, and 20
- Admission: $10 for children ages 2 -12. Parents are FREE
- Families will enjoy a live nativity, pony rides, petting zoo, sleigh rides, crafts, face painting, and Christmas choirs.
- Photos with Santa will be available for purchase, as well as concessions such as hot chocolate, jambalaya and chili.
- More info: https://www.facebook.com/LiuzzaLand
Thursday, Dec. 18: Free Gift Wrapping with Canned Food Donation
- 6 pm – 9 pm
- St. Paul Lutheran Church - 707 W. Dakota Street, Hammond, LA
- Come enjoy holiday music and refreshments while the St. Paul Lutheran Christmas Helpers wrap your Christmas presents for free.
- For every gift wrapped a nonperishable food item will be accepted. The food will benefit the Tangi Food Pantry. (Limit 5 gifts per person).
- Also available will be uniquely crafted pre-packaged gifts for teachers, friends, and family.
- For more information, call Nancy Coleman at 985-542-9430
Saturday, Dec. 20: Chick Fil A’s Breakfast With Santa Cow
- Breakfast Times are: 8:00-8:45 am, 8:50-9:35 am, and 9:40-10:25 am
- Reservations are required - RSVP online (Limited availability)
- Admission: Price of your breakfast
- Come enjoy breakfast, photos with Santa Cow (including a keepsake photo), and Christmas crafts for everyone.
Saturday, Dec. 20: Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center Almost Sleepover
- 6:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- 113 N. Cypress in Hammond
- Ages: Potty trained on up
- Cost: Members $25 first child, $15 each additional child; Non-Members: $25 first child, $20 each additional child
- Make reservations for your child to enjoy a ‘night in’ while you enjoy a ‘night out. Kids will watch the original Santa Clause movie, play Christmas themed games, sing carols, drink milk and decorate our own cupcakes, and play hide and seek. Each child will take home some Christmas goodies.
- Must sign up by Friday, December 19 by calling 985-340-9150 or emailing email@example.com, or online at www.lcdcofhammond.org.
Saturday, Dec. 20: Santa at Bea’s Bakery in Ponchatoula
- 10 am – 2 pm
- 129 E. Pine St in Hammond
- Cost: Free, yummy treats available for purchase
- Stop by Bea’s to meet Santa (bring a camera) and write a letter to Santa to leave for him on Christmas Eve!
- Bea’s Bakery on Facebook
Saturday, Dec. 20: Christmas Vacation Bible School at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church
- 9 am – 2 pm
- St. Paul Lutheran Church, 707 W. Dakota St., Hammond, LA
- Cost: Free
- Ages 3 years to 5th grade
- Children can enjoy a one day Vacation Bible School. The participants will be grouped by age and will enjoy crafts, singing, and stories. The focus will be on the real meaning of Christmas.
- For more information call 985-345-6008.
Saturday, Dec. 20: Christmas Vacation Bible School at Crossroads Church
- 9 am – 12:30 pm
- Crossroads Church – 1006 N. Oak St. in Hammond
- Ages 4 – 11
- From the event website: “Looking for a great way to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas? Bring your kids to our one day Christmas VBS! We will spend the morning learning about Jesus who is the Newborn King. We’ll have storytime, create crafts, sing songs, and Mom will have time to do some last minute shopping without the kids! Lunch and snacks will be provided. We would love for you to join us, and feel free to invite your friends!”
- Register online
Sat-Sun, Dec. 20-21: One Night in Bethlehem
- 5:30-8:30 pm nightly
- 47094 Randall Road in Hammond (off of Wardline Road, just west of I-55. Turn by Tangi Tourism building. Gates are a little over a mile on your right – located in the old rest area property)
- Outdoor live “mega” nativity production - a FREE family-friendly event centered around the real reason for the season!
- For more information, visit http://www.onenightinbethlehem.net or call (985) 345-0366.
Monday, Dec. 22: Supper With Santa at the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center
- 5 pm – 7 pm
- 113 N. Cypress, Hammond, LA
- Cost: Members are free, non-members are $7.00 per person
- Come meet Cajun Santa and enjoy supper with him.
- For info and reservations, please call 985-340-9150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, Dec 23: Night Before Christmas Pajama Party at the Big Red Barn
- Big Red Barn, 234 SE Railroad Ave in Ponchatoula
- 10 am – 2 p.m.
- Wear your favorite PJ’s for holiday projects, cocoa and cookies, songs and stories.
- Ages: 5 and up
- Cost: $30 per child $25/additional sibling
- Facebook event page
- Call 985-373-0468 for info and reservations.