Lots of family-friendly activities to be featured at Southeastern’s Rock ‘n Roar on February 22
On Saturday, Feb. 22 from 8 am – 1 pm, Southeastern will host the Southeast Louisiana District Literary Rally and Rock ‘n Roar, which is the university’s annual campus-community festival.
Activities will include:
- KSLU 90.9 FM radio will be on hand with music and a D.J.
- Visual arts students will host a pottery sale and demonstration
- A variety of snacks and drinks for sale
- Children’s activities, including face painting, an interactive football throw with members of the Lion football team, a rock climbing wall, jousting arena and slide
- Dance camp for children ages 5-12 from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm at the Kinesiology and Health Studies Building. The camp will be hosted by the Southeastern Lionettes dance team. The cost is $15 and include refreshments. Immediately following the camp, young dancers will perform in the Kinesiology and Health Studies Building.
- Art education students will offer a hands-on art camp for children ages 6-12 from 9-11:30 a.m. (registration is at 8:30 a.m.). The camp, which costs $10, will take place in Clark Hall.
- The baseball camp is set for 8:30-11 a.m. at Alumni Field. Children ages 6-13 are invited to participate and are asked to bring their baseball glove for a day of fun. Registration is at 8:30 a.m., and the camp fee is $10.
Parents can pick up applications for camps at the Alumni Center, 500 West University Ave., or register online at www.southeastern.edu/roarfest. Pre-registration and payment for all camps is mandatory by Feb. 20 due to limited space.
Pets are not allowed at the event. For additional information about Rock ‘n Roar, call the Alumni Center at 549-2150.