Southeastern Homecoming Week is in full swing. All the businesses in downtown Hammond are decked out to celebrate this year’s Seussical Homecoming theme: ”From There to Here, From Here to There, Roomie Rhyming Everywhere.”
Saturday, October 26, 2013 is the big game, and there are all sorts of fun activities planned. I just took my two little ones to their first SLU game this month, and they had a blast tailgating and enjoying the kids section during the game. The bounce house, prize wheel and make-your-own-sign stations were big hits with my 4-year-old, and my younger one loved the popcorn. : )
Because it is Homecoming, there will be even more activities, with so many fun things for kids. Here are some of the events planned by Southeastern:
- Crafting Dr. Suess accessories at the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center Booth in Friendship Circle from 11 am to 1 pm.
- “Run with Roomie” race – begins at info booth in Friendship Circle at 2 pm
- Annual Homecoming parade at 3 pm
- Photo booth, clowns, inflatables, a bagpipe player, face painting, pottery making, mini train rides and more.
- New addition this year: hayride tour around campus
- Meet Roomie the Lion, Phil the Pig, Hammy the Hammond Star, and Piper the Pelican.
- Make your own Southeastern green and gold pom poms in Friendship Circle next to the face painting station
- “Storm the Stadium” at 6:30 pm and kickoff against Lamar at 7 pm
For more information, call the Southeastern Alumni Association at (985) 549-2150.
For a complete schedule of Homecoming 2013 events: www.southeastern.edu/
There is no cost to attend the tailgating activities outside Strawberry Stadium on Southeastern’s campus in Hammond.
Tickets to the Homecoming game against Lamar cost $17 for adults and $10 for youth under 17. Children under 2 are free. A family 4-pack of tickets (2 adults and 2 youth) is available for $45. Call (985) 549-LION for tickets or order online.
The weather will be beautiful. It will be a fantastic time – come out and “LION UP!” to support our Southeastern Lions!