Southeastern Homecoming Week (Oct. 12-17) is almost here! Southeastern’s campus and businesses in downtown Hammond are decked out to celebrate this year’s Homecoming theme: “Roomie’s Big night on Broadway!” Read on for all the info on this weekend’s activities.
Saturday, October 17, 2015 is the big game, and there are all sorts of fun activities planned. My little ones love going to SLU games, they have a blast tailgating and enjoying the kids section during the game. The bounce house is a big hit with my 6-year-old, and my younger one loves the popcorn. : )
Because it is Homecoming, there will be even more activities than a usual game, with so many fun things for kids. Here are some of the events planned by Southeastern: (Tailgating events are free)
- Hayrides tours of campus – starting at 12 noon in Friendship Circle
- The SLU Bookstore will be open starting at 11:00 am
- From at 2 pm-6pm in Friendship Circle, families can enjoy entertainment including inflatables, pottery making, face painting, reptile exhibits, “Kids Run with Roomie” race, train rides, health fair, photo booth, Community Music School performances, and more
- Annual Homecoming parade begins at 3 pm
- Cheer on the Lions as they make their traditional Lion Walk through Friendship Circle at 4:30 pm
- 7 pm kickoff against Stephen F. Austin
- Railroad Roar – Continue the party downtown at area businesses
There is no cost to attend the tailgating activities outside Strawberry Stadium on Southeastern’s campus in Hammond.
Tickets to the Homecoming game against Stephen F. Austin start at $17 for adults and $10 for youth under 17. Children under 2 are free. A family 4-pack of tickets (2 adults and 2 youth) is available for $45. Call (985) 549-LION for tickets or order online.
For more info on Homecoming activities please call 985-549-2150 or visit http://www.southeastern.edu/news_media/events/homecoming
It will be a fantastic time – come out and “LION UP!” to support our Southeastern Lions!