Southeastern Louisiana University now has a children’s book, and it’s awesome! Let’s Lion Up with Roomie is a must have for any Lion family. How neat that your family can read and recognize local landmarks in a book about Southeastern. The hardcover book with full-color professional illustrations features Roomie as he gives readers a campus tour of everything from the shade of Friendship Oak to the seats of Strawberry Stadium. Roomie shares traditions – old and new – with Southeastern’s littlest Lion fans.
“I am delighted that the Southeastern family has embraced this book so warmly,” said author Erin Moore Cowser. “It is an honor that the community has asked to include the book in several upcoming events.”
This book will make a wonderful Christmas present for the Lion fans in your life! And this month there are several opportunities to meet the author and have your copy signed. I think it would be so neat to bring your family to meet the author of what will surely be a family favorite. Lion fans of all ages will enjoy it!
Upcoming activities include:
- Bayou Booksellers in downtown Hammond will host a Let’s Lion Up Launch Party and Book Signing on Tuesday, Oct. 14 from 4:30-6 p.m.
- A Book Signing will take place outside the FELions (Female Enthusiasts in support of the Lions organization) Homecoming Luncheon at Trey Yuen Restaurant on Thursday, Oct. 16 starting at 11 a.m.
- On Homecoming Saturday, Oct. 18, a Book Signing is set from 1-2 p.m. at the Southeastern Bookstore on campus. Roomie himself might even stop in to put his signature paw prints on a few books!
- The Harvest Festival at University Montessori School on Friday, Oct. 31 will feature a Book Signing beginning at 10 a.m.
- A Book Signing will take place during the Thursday, Nov. 13 Literacy Night at Southside Junior High School in Denham Springs starting at 6 p.m.
- A Read-Along and Book Signing will be part of the Starry November Night activities at the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center on Friday, Nov. 14. Times TBD.
“The excitement about the Lions’ athletic prowess is palpable on campus and in the community,” said Cowser. “Everyone is in Lion Up mode, including the littlest Lion fans. This book is for them. I hope it becomes a bedtime favorite that families can enjoy together.”
For your chance to win your own copy, visit TangiFamilies on Facebook – we are giving away a LION UP prize pack with 4 tickets to this Saturday’s Homecoming Game and a copy of “Let’s Lion Up with Roomie”!
Let’s Lion Up with Roomie! is available for purchase at several local shops and stores including Bayou Booksellers, Bayou Baby, the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center gift shop and P.J.’s Coffee, all in downtown Hammond; P.J.’s Coffee on University Avenue; Chaucer’s Pharmacy in Ponchatoula and in the Southeastern Bookstore on campus. Copies may also be ordered from mascotbooks.com, Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com and booksamillion.com.