The Husser/Wilmer area yard sale is held every year on the first Saturday in November. This year’s event will be on Nov. 1 from 7am – 1 pm. Although the event planners state there is an ”official” route with original sale stops that has been the same for about 10 years, many other in the area participate and there is really no way to tell just how far the sales start and end from the 15 mile route.
From the event’s Facebook page:
Driving Directions from Robert area:
- From I-12: Exit at Robert exit #42 LA 445
- Head North on HWY 445 for 14.6 miles
- Turn RIGHT on to LA 445 for 0.6 miles
- You will arrive at the Southern End of the Sale Route at the Husser Volunteer Fire Department 56292 HWY 445 Husser LA 70442
- Begin your bargain hunting here and then head north on 445 for the remaining 15 miles
Driving Directions from Amite:
- Exit I-55 at Amite City exit #46 HWY 16
- Take HWY 16 East 10 miles to intersection of HWY 16/HWY 445.
- Turn Right on 445 to catch the Southern end of the Sale. Official end of southern route is at Husser Fire Station 56292 HWY 445.
- OR – From 16 Turn Left on to Friendship Church RD (just a few feet past 445 on the north side of 16) to head to the North Side of the sale. Official route ends at intersection of Friendship Church RD and HWY 10.