We hope you enjoy this site - a place for families in Tangipahoa Parish to connect and discover fun activities in our own backyards!
TangiFamilies.com is a comprehensive free resource for families in Tangipahoa Parish, featuring information on fun things to do and local events, parks, activities, athletics, volunteer opportunities and more.
TangiFamilies.com will provide an event calendar, as well as listings for fun things to do in the Parish. Future plans include a directory of all the parks, playgrounds and splash pads in the area, as well as listings for all the sports and art/dance/club activities available to kids in Tangipahoa. We will also add other listings that are helpful to parents: places to have birthday parties, fun things to do for adults in the area, etc.
TangiFamilies.com will always try to seek out free and low-cost fun for families, as well as new or undiscovered locales.
This site is always adding new content, and we need help from real families living in the area - as well as sponsors! Contact us using the form below or email email@example.com to connect.
How can I submit an event or recommend a family outing for you to cover?
We would LOVE for you to share your info with us so we can share with the families of our Parish!
You can submit this contact form or email me directly at: ashley [@] tangifamilies.com.
In addition to events, we are currently collecting information on the following topics to add to site:
- Playgrounds/Parks/Splash Pads in the area
- Fun playgrounds/Water Parks that are in other Parishes, but worth the drive
- Info on all Tangi Youth Sports - how to sign up, deadlines, etc
- Play Groups/Play Classes for young children
- Academic/Art/Dance/Theater Clubs and Classes
- Volunteer Opportunities for families in the area
- Fundraisers so local families can support other families in our community
- Halloween / Fall / Christmas Holiday events
This site was developed and is maintained by Ashley Richardson.
I live in Hammond with my husband Ben and two young daughters. I run my own marketing and public relations business. I have been dreaming of a site like this for our community ever since my older daughter was born.
Why Did I Create TangiFamilies.com?
1) I come from a military family, so we moved around a lot when I was young. When we moved to a new base, there was always a large group of people ready to tell us everything we needed to know about the area, whether it was the official welcoming committee or our many neighbors. I hope this site will help new residents of the area by providing a comprehensive list of fun activities for families.
2) When my oldest was younger, I spent a lot of time researching what resources and activities were available to me locally. When you have a young child (or children), you need all the time you can get, so I figured I would share all this information for the new moms out there!
3) Our community has so much to offer - we just needed a place to have it all listed together!
Thank you to my mother, Liz LaPlante, for all her help in developing the content for this site; and my husband, Ben, for sharing all his technical knowledge!